Thursday, November 03, 2005

(Candidate) Sen. Biden stumps in Kentucky

John Kerry II, I mean Biden (All Northeast/Mid Atlantic dems seem the same to me) attempts to campaign in the South.

Sen. Biden stumps in Kentucky

SAYS DEMOCRATS NEED TO TAKE BACK 'RED STATES' IN 2008

ASSOCIATED PRESS


NEWPORT - If Democrats are to retake the White House and Congress, they must be more active in and win states like Kentucky, U.S. Sen. Joe Biden said.

The Delaware Democrat, feeling out a possible 2008 presidential run, used Northern Kentucky as a testing ground Saturday in two fund-raisers for the state Democratic Party.

"We have to turn (Kentucky) back into a blue state," Biden said. "We've got to be competitive in Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Colorado, Florida. ... If we can't be competitive in all those states, we can't unite this country."


And Biden will do it? "Banning guns is an idea whose time has come" (AP: 11/18/93) Biden? Bring it on. Then there is this classic quote from the same article.

"If I'm the nominee, Republicans will be sorry," said Biden, a Roman Catholic who ran for president in 1988. "The next Republican that tells me I'm not religious I'm going to shove my rosary beads down their throat."


Well, Joey. I'll tell you that you aren't religious. You can't be Catholic and pro-abortion. Period. End of Story.

No comments: