Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday preview

Got a project due Friday, so that's top priority right now.

Super Tuesday is today and MIGHT decide the nominations for the presidency. We don't know yet. Romney and McCain have both picked up some wins lately. I haven't checked the latest standings. The media is wrapping this up for McCain right now, but I'm not sold on that yet.

In Livingston County news, Jim Mantey replaced Mike Randall on the county commission. I never met him, so I have no idea what to expect from him. Good luck to him and I hope he does a good job for us.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey, I'm not in-state. I live in Virginia but I'm a proud Republican who wants to know if there is anywhere a serious review of the spending plan for Michigan's auto industry that Romney had planned.

keithr said...

The new fuel economy rules just passed into law are predicted to cost auto companies more than 100 billion (yes, that's billion with a 'b') dollars to implement. The "Big 3" are already struggling to stay out of bankruptcy with no relief in sight, and nobody here has any idea how on earth they ever raise the funds to comply with the new federal law.

From what I've heard I think Romney's plan is supposed to help the auto companies pay for research into alternative fuel technologies as well as ways to increase fuel economy. This research assistance would be available to all auto companies building cars in the U.S., not just the "big 3".