Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Update - New Polls, semi-hiatus

First off, don't expect much from me on here in the next month. It's going to be my busiest month yet.

I may have something up on the Howell Schools clustermuck situation in the next week. I've talked to a couple of people and read the Argus take on the situation. I'll just say that this situation is actually quite complicated with several different sides, not just two. There are a lot of things I don't like about that whole situation. Recall language is out. I'm undecided on whether to support it for two of the individuals. I do NOT support it for Debi Drick. Not that it matters to begin with, since I no longer live in the Howell School district.

Lastly, with the major announcements in the gubenatorial race, I updated both polls. I added some names for president as well, and removed Sanford's for obvious reasons.

4 comments:

Dan Sheill said...

Hey, with Sanford gone and Palin mysteriously resigning who do you think is the front-runner on the GOP side right now for 2012?

Republican Michigander said...

I don't know. Palin might still be in for all I know, but I think it will be a darkhorse. I don't think Palin would have gotten the nomination for 2012 anyway. 2016 maybe.

One other name I'm hearing and that I may add if I hear more. Gary Johnson. Former New Mexico governor. I don't think he's a frontrunner, but it's someone I may very well support.

If I had to place a bet, I'd place it on Mitch Daniels. Barbour and Jindal are two others I'd watch.

Dan Sheill said...

You're right that Gary Johnson is an even bigger longshot than Ron Paul, but if the GOP offers us another sorry bunch of more "electable" Republicans to choose from like they did in 2008, then that's when I say to hell with it and support someone like Johnson based upon principle.

Dan Sheill said...

Hopefully, Mike Pence takes a look at it. He's our only hope.